CURRENT RESEARCH TOPICS
- Scenario planning;
- Cross-cultural management;
- Politics / Development / Contemporary issues;
- Business in Africa;
- Sports Industry;
- Study treks;
- Capstone MBA;
- Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2018-present; Associate Professor in Business Management Education (Senior Lecturer) at the School of Business Associate Director, MBA programs
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, 2012-2018; Associate Professor in Business Management Education (Senior Lecturer) at the School of Business Management, July 2012-present; Interim Director of the HKUST MBA (July 2012-July 2013)
- Associate Director, HKUST MBA programs (May 2014-to date)
- University of Liverpool, 2001-2014 (tenured track); Lecturer in international development and management, 2001-12 & MBA programme Director, 2005-2010, BA (International Business) programme Director, 2002-2005.
- Norwich Union Life Insurance Society, 1989-1994 Senior Claims Administrator
- Teaching excellence award, University of Liverpool, 2007
- 2015 winner of the ‘Common Core’ excellence in teaching award, HKUST (out of 300 Common Core courses)
- 2016 winner of the HKUST ‘Franklin prize’ for UG core course teaching
- Roger Levermore and Aaron Beacom (Eds). 2012, Sport and International Development. London, Palgrave
- Roger Levermore and Adrian Budd (Eds), 2004, Sport and International Relations: An emerging relationship. London, Routledge
- Roger Levermore and Neil Moore, 2015, ‘The need to apply new theories to “Sport CSR”’, Corporate Governance: The international journal of business in society, 15:2, 249-253
- Roger Levermore, 2014, ‘How ‘organisational geography’ influences the shaping of CSR: an example of seven Japanese MNEs’, Journal of Corporate Citizenship, 56: December, 67- 82.
- Neil Moore and Roger Levermore, 2012, ‘English professional football clubs: Can business parameters of small and medium-sized enterprises be applied?’, Sport, Business, Management: An International Journal, 3:2, 196-209.
- Roger Levermore, 2011, ‘Analysing the extent to which evaluation of corporate social responsibility for development through sport is conducted’, Third World Quarterly, 32:3, 322-335.
- Roger Levermore, 2011, ‘Sport-for-development and the 2010 football World Cup’, Geography Compass, 5:12, 886-897.
- Roger Levermore, 2010, ‘CSR for development through sport: Examining its potential and limitations’, Third World Quarterly, 31:2, 223-241.
- Roger Levermore and Peter Millward, 2007, ‘Official policies and informal transversal networks: Creating ‘pan-European identifications’ through sport?’, Sociological Review 55:1, 144-164.